Thursday, December 6, 2007

If you're going to be PC, you have to let liars lie

I was on a site dicussing religion and called someone out for lying about the doctrinal beliefs of their faith. The moderators, uneducated as they quite obviously are, ordered me to apologize.
Now, this is meant to be a christian site, so when someone lies about their faith so that their faith won't receive the scrutiny that the truth surely would bring, it makes me plenty angry. But you can't call someone out for being a liar and misleading people to avoid making their religion look crazy. As i said before, this is supposed to be a christian site, and Christ said "I have done nothing in secret." But it's okay to lie about what you believe so people don't think it's crazy?!


I'm devoutly catholic and i know people don't agree with it and some people think i'm crazy for it and that's fine, but i'm not going to openly lie about what i believe so they're more likely to convert or at least think it's a more honest faith than it is. This was a mormon chick lying about very basic doctrine...I grew up mormon and i know what they teach...but the sad thing is that the new converts aren't taught very basic doctrine...like that mormons believe that the kingdom of god will be rebuilt on the american continent and that it's fonding, the new Jerusalem, will be in jackson county missouri. Now, to me, about every faith, even my own, seems a little silly and superstitious at times, so I'm not judging what she believes...I'm mad that she lied about it and her purpose for lying was to intentionally mislead someone into believing it wasn't true. And that is sad to me...I don't care what you believe, just don't lie about it!

And the worst part is, in these "let's not offend anyone!" days, you can't even call a liar a liar! But if you tell the truth, you'll be sorely punished!

1 comment:

JoyGirl Commando said...

Don't worry about those people. They sound like losers.

Come have fun with me on my crafty blog!

craftycommando.blogspot.com