or at least i will APPEAR to be the perfect housewife. I'm not in the mood to clean or cook or do anything that means i have to leave the computer for more than five seconds. So, how do you motivate a tired, lazy housewife? that's really the question at hand.
I keep saying to myself "If you just get up and do it, it will be done before you know it, and you'll be happier that you got it done."
But i know that is false...it will take twice as long and i'll be more tired than i was when i started. But it still has to get done...I wish i were rich and could hire a maid to do it for me. But then, i'd just feel badly because she'd have to go home and clean her own house, so i'd basically clean for her and still pay her.
I am looking up some books to help me try to find some way to learn to do this stuff effectively and found one that at least looks fun to read:
HOW TO BE THE PERFECT HOUSEWIFE: LESSONS IN THE ART OF MODERN HOME MANAGEMENT by ANTHEA TURNER
I can at lest ILL it at my local library...i need all the help i can get! If I had grown-up in the fifties, they would have taught me this in school or i could at least have taken classes in college. They should bring back domestic science so that those of us who want to learn to manage our home effectively would actually have the skills.
I have been very lonely these days. No one calls or really seems to want to talk at all. i feel like i am out on a sea alone and i turn to the cyber world for comfort. But where can i find it here?
join a blogring and ask for help? if i do that, i may never get any work done. i always liked chatting with friends while i clean or cook, it makes the day go faster and i get a lot done. But in the rush to make christmas money, everyone's taken seasonal jobs and no one is home. Or they are busy blogging themselves...ACK! when i decided to become a housewife, i didn't consider how terribly isolating it would be. I wish someone had said to me "keep a network of other SAHMs so you don't go insane." I'd take a SAHD too, but my husband wouldn't hear of it...And the only SAHD i know is kind of a creep.
*sigh* i wish i could take a personal day and go network at the library or something, but i don't have a car and it is tough to live in the country and have no car...i spend a lot of time in a fantasy land where i can get it all done and then find myself crying at the end of the day becasue it didn't happen.
I hang my hopes on a phone call perhaps coming in so i can at least hear another adult talk about something NOT having to do with getting that darned stain out or how to soothe an ouchie.
'Where will it end?' i ask myself...and then i remember: 'a woman's work is NEVER done.' and taht is the truth!
Friday, November 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment